At Healing Circles we create conditions for healing by providing safe space, support, community and resources that promote healing. We believe healing is a natural and often deeply personal process that can encompass the entire spectrum of our lives – physical, mental, emotional and even spiritual. For some it is a return to wholeness or a return of hope – to others it is a sense that “I will be all right, no matter what happens.” It can be a return of a long lost sense of joy in life or a renewed sense of purpose despite difficult circumstances.
Special thanks to the Smith Center for Healing and the Arts.
What is a Healing Circle?
- Healing Circles help us step out of ordinary time into a safe and accepting environment in which to explore our healing.
- With open minds, we work together to discover the best ways to remove obstacles to healing, alleviate suffering and deepen our capacity to heal.
- With open hearts, we access our own inner guidance to understand where the greatest healing – in body, emotions, mind and spirit – can occur.
What to Expect at a Healing Circle
- Introductions by the Host and Guardian and a shared pledge of absolute confidentiality.
- A description of the itinerary for that particular meeting as well as the process to be engaged.
- A request for participation by each attendee in the process whether in the larger group or the smaller sub-group(s).
- Sharing, learning and healing. Insight of self and, more often than not, epiphany.
- Laughter, friendship and perhaps a few tears.
- Realization that there is more to learn from each other perhaps than previously thought.
- Genuine calm.
We offer a variety of ways to engage: sharing circles, community conversations, workshops and classes. We work with a number of collaborating organizations and institutions. We are staffed by volunteers, most of whom have “been through it” or are “in it” in varied and significant ways. While we each draw on our personal experience and training across many disciplines, we work on a peer-to-peer basis. In the event you need professional attention or something more than what Healing Circles can offer, we’ll do our best to point you in the right direction.
As a program of Commonweal, Healing Circles draws on 30 years of experience with the Commonweal Cancer Help Program, a national leader in cancer support.
Stellar bluebonnet photo from ImagesFromTexas.com.
Healing Circles Houston is committed to providing low- to no-cost services and as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization depends on the generosity of its supporters to make this possible. Please consider making an online donation.