“Art is a constant agent of transformation and is indeed the soul’s drive to health.”
– Cathy Malchiodi, The Soul’s Palette: Drawing on Art’s Transformative Powers for Health and Well-Being
This Healing Art Circle will utilize art therapy exercises for individuals who are processing and healing from divorce. Sessions are free and open for anyone to join at any time; each is conducted in Spanish and English. This Circle is held every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month.
The Healing Art Circles are co-facilitated by Rev. Nataly Negrete and Helen Spaw. Rev. Negrete is the Fe y Esperanza minister; Spaw holds a masters in art therapy and creativity from New York’s Pratt Institute.
Please RSVP to Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format for Divorce Care Healing Art Circle
- Brief Introduction to HC/Agreements
- Enter Circle: Welcome, Silence, Opening Prayer, Topic, Check-In
- What is on your heart today?
- Heart/Art Sharing: Art therapy prompt or What is on your heart today?
- Respond with art
- Process with short writing exercise
- Look at your art and try to see what it is telling you.
- Write a couple of sentences about it for yourself.
- Share about your art
- Harvesting/Check out: What group wisdom are you taking with you today?
- Closing Prayer
Guardian: Nataly Negrete
Host: Helen Spaw