“… If the circle provides refuge, touches your heart, and guides you on your path, it is a healing circle…” Michael Lerner
We’re delighted to announce that we’re now accepting applications for our new online Healing Circles Host Training. Our goal is to train people who have a strong and sincere motivation to practice and host healing circles in their particular context.
Please register here for this training.
Social support has always been a critical component of health and well-being. According to research, it’s even more important than diet, sleep, and exercise.
In this pandemic time of social distancing, the ability to gather with others and to support each other through these uncertain, stressful, and often isolating months, is critically important. We have the technology to do it. Now, we’re looking for the hearts.
Our circle hosts derive great meaning from being able to help their fellow humans as we all move through this global experience. By providing people with a safe space, attentive listening, community, and resources, healing circles help participants experience the powerful benefits of social support.
In this training, you’ll:
- Discover the key concepts and format of a healing circle
- Improve your capacity for attentive listening and compassion
- Learn how to create a safe space online
- Participate in a healing circle
- Practice hosting a healing circle
- Prepare to host a circle in your personal or organizational setting
Training is available on two different tracks:
- May 21, May 28 and June 4th from noon to 1:30 p.m. CT.
- May 30th and 31st from noon to 1:30 p.m. and again both days from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Classes originate on the West Coast and they’re taking a 90-minute break for lunch.)